Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Happy New Year!


Hello,

I wanted to wish everyone of you a wonderful new year filled with happiness, love, health, success, and...lots of beauty products of course! Thanks for following my adventures throughout this year and for your kindness. I sincerely appreciate reading all your comments and I hope to see you in 2014 again!

I'll close this year with a cute manicure I did for the occasion! I used a technique I showed you some time ago (tutorial HERE) to achieve the famous "newspaper manicure". This technique is a bit different than the traditional newspaper manicure because instead of using alcohol to transfer the design you use water and top coat. I've noticed you can get a better transfer with this particular technique I first saw on Lozlosa

For the happy new year logo: credit.


The design of these cute owls is a work of Devon Carlson that I found on etsy (HERE). She's a very talented graphic designer so you've got to see what she does! She also has a facebook page.




The first time I tried it I had the P of "happy new year" that didn't come out perfect so I tried again but this time the E of "new" did't come out perfect but whatever, I still love this manicure and am very impressed by how crisp the designs are! Look at how black the black is. The colors are so intense! This is not a photoshop trick, this is how it looks in real life, you've got to believe me!
For all the other nails, first attempt gave nice results :D









1. Start by printing something on a paper with a laser printer. Here I used a color laser printer! Cut the design to fit your nails.

2. Paint your nails with white or another light color. Let them dry completely.

Then you have to do one nail at a time!
3. Paint one coat of top coat (here I used Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine) on one nail.

4. Soak your piece of paper in water for about 30-60 seconds in order for it to be wet.
Now your top coat must be almost dry but of course, it won't be completely dry. This will actually help tansfer the design to your nails.

5. Then apply the piece of paper on your nail. Press on it carefully and keep the pressure for about 10 seconds. Remove the piece of paper carefully! And voilà! If you have a very thin layer of paper that stays on your nail over your design, dip your finger into the water and rub it very carefully to remove that layer of paper.

6. Add a coat of top coat to seal the design.

7. Do the same thing on your other nails by starting again at point 3.

Click on the picture below to be led to the tutorial!


http://www.nailderella.com/2013/04/print-anything-you-want-on-your-nails.html


If you try this technique and have a question, don't hesitate to ask me. Leave a comment here and I'll try to help you if I can!
English version:
1. Start by printing someting on a paper with a laser printer.
2. Paint your nails with Essie Sand Tropze. Let it dry completely.
Then you have to do one nail at a time.
3. Paint one coat of top coat ( Essie Good to go) on one nail.
4. Soak your piece of paper in water for about 30 seconds in order for it to be wet.
Now your top coat must be almost dry but of course, it won't be completely dry (in 30 seconds). This will actually help tansfer the design to your nails.
5. Then apply the piece of paper on your nail. Press on it carefully and keep the pressure for about 10 seconds. and Voilà!
6. Add a coat of top coat to seal the design.
7. Do the same thing on your other nails by starting again at point 3.
- See more at: http://www.nailderella.com/2013/04/print-anything-you-want-on-your-nails.html#sthash.iVydDARR.dpuf

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar