Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A England Briar Rose & Briarwood

Hello,

I am super excited to share some swatches of 2 polishes from the recent Burne-Jones Dream collection by A England. This collection consist of 5 gorgeous nail polishes inspired by a series of paintings by Edward Burne-Jones entitled The Legend of Briar Rose. The paintings depict moments from the Sleeping Beauty fairytale.
Today I will show you Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty) and Briarwood, tomorrow Fated Prince and Sleeping Palace and a bit later Rose Bower, the last shade from this beautiful collection.

I am glad I was able to take some pictures in the sun (yay! that's quite unusual for me who always take pictures late in the evening). I will write in the caption when the picture was taken in the sun.

Briarwood is a dark vampy brown polish with red/burgundy undertones and scattered holo particles. It is a very complex shade with this glow from within look that sets it apart from any other dark brown or burgundy polishes I have in my stash.
Formula was fantastic. It's very pigmented and you can use only one coat to reach full opacity. Here I used 2 coats to be sure it would look good on close-up pictures.



Photo taken in the sun.

Photo taken in the sun.

The base color of Briarwood is so rich and deep that it's almost unbelievable. While wearing it, I couldn't stop looking at my nails because they were so mesmerizing! true story! Depending on how the light hit the nails, it will apprear more brown or more red/burgundy. To that sense, it's a totally unique polish and I won't hide it, you absolutely need it!
Briar Rose/Sleeping Beauty is described by Eugenia from Ommorphia Beauty Bar as follows:
"Her lips a ruby glow of life, while she lays lost in time" - a cranberry/scarlet base hue bearing a slight milky sheen and a gently ladylike prismatic demeanor, evidence of a still-beating heart.



Photo taken in the sun.
 
Photo taken in the sun.


Formula was also perfect for this one. It's very pigmented and easy to apply. One coat can provide enough coverage but I used 2 to add more depth to the color.
Seriously, I'm a bit short of words to tell you how much I love this shade! To me, it's pure perfection! I absolutely adore the color, I love the depth provided by the scattered holo particles, and formula is outstanding! In one word: it's a MUST-HAVE!


 Bonus pictures! Briarwood stamped over Briar Rose using Cheeky jumbo plate A.





To summarize, formula is perfect, colors are totally unique and gorgeous, I am in LOVE! They are probably the best polishes released this year so far!



Purchase info:
A England polishes can be purchased from A England website (UK only) and from various retailers. You can find a list of retailers HERE.
You can follow A England on Facebook.
*Product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar