Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Magic a Great Jacket Can Perform!



During my 30s and 40s, I ceased to wear jackets. I had left the professional world to be a mom and considered them to be a part of my professional past.  At that time, I never would have worn a jacket with jeans.  I did not believe it to be functional in my "mom" world.



  



Enter my 50s; a desire to look better; and Stacy and Clinton!!  My daughter introduced me to WHAT NOT TO WEAR when she knew I was ready for a change.



I realize with many fashion bloggers these two are controversial...some don't like their rules...some don't like their directness...but all I know is, they changed me for the good.  I was one of those who needed water thrown in my face to see the mistakes I was making.



Friday night is Episode #2 of their final season...they are hanging up their magic wands after ten years.  One of my favorite rules learned from this show is the value of great fitting jackets.  The first time I purchased one following their rules (fit the shoulders, make sure it buttons, and look for great seaming) I was stunned to see I appeared to have lost ten pounds without shedding a calorie.



There are some fabulous jackets showcased by many retailers for fall, and you can check out Stacy and Clinton's video about how to wear a leather jacket HERE.  I will miss them and forever be grateful for their help to turn this lost lady around!






Ralph Lauren jacket: Macys


Blouse: LANE BRYANT



Rampage Shoes: Ross





Have a wonderful Thursday and make sure you visit the bloggers of Katie's Favorite Things Blog Hop!!









Thursday Favorite Things








Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar