Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

STYLE CHAT: DO YOU REMEMBER?

Over the weekend I stumbled on 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' and Sarah Michelle Gellar's character was sporting a "matey bag"! lol who remembers those?We called them matey bags here in JA but it's really just a small backpack. Anyway, it inspired me to think of a few more items that were popular back in the 90's that should probably stay there.





"MATEY BAGS"



I'm not sure how the matey term came about in reference to a backpack. Anywho I started to wonder how come they haven't brought back the matey bag, actually more like how come it hasn't caught on in a big way. I'm actually open to this style catching on but of course it would have to be a mix of like leather and gold, something done by Chanel maybe. If you were aware of the cult classic 'Clueless' released in 1995(one of my favorite movies to date!..watch it if you haven't), the lead character Cher Horowitz played by Alicia Silverstone sported mini backpacks with almost every outfit making you want one even more back in the day. Did you guys like the look??? Did you own couple of these back in the day?

                               



                                                            PLASTIC CHOKERS


       


This I have no mixed feelings about! Should we bring it back? ....no....My sister owned couple of these back in the day and I think they were also to give the impression that you had a tattoo around your neck (???). They were ugly then and they'd be ugly now, add all the tribal print, fringe and chunky gold links you want, it would be ugly. This definitely needs to stay in the 90's. Right?







                                                                      PEDAL PUSHERS




Was I the only one who didn't own a pair of pedal pushers????..OMG, I hated them. Mostly because I was still in a very tomboy stage when they were popular, but they really rubbed me the wrong way. I never saw it worn the right way, if there was even a right way. Definitely not looking forward to these coming back in a big way. Should it? How would you par it now?



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar